Sunday, April 3, 2011

The older I get, the less I know…



I was thinking the other day about
how true it is that the older I get,
the less I know even though I thought
I knew so much when I was younger,
and that this would never
happen to me.


In attempting to write about it and
looking online a little,
I came upon a blog
which stated it so succinctly
that I wanted to share it with you:




"As youth, we think we know it all.

As adults, we fight to hold onto what we think we know.

In the end, we have to let it all go.

Learning teaches us there's too much to learn.

The more we understand God, the more incomprehensible God gets.

We can live to learn. But why don't we learn to live?

Try to love one more something today that we didn't love before.

Try to lay one more brick to shelter someone else before the sun sets.

Try to let go of something, so we can lend a hand.

The older we get, the less we know.

The less we know, the more we must rely on God and each other.

The more we must practice community and communion.

It's as if our world were designed for this very thing."



I think that says it all so why reinvent the wheel by writing another blog about it.

4 comments:

  1. I like that! It is so true - and I find that I am perfectly OK with the realization!The older I get, the more I trust God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly it, isn't it Brenda...trusting God more....only finding things out on a 'need to know' basis...and building better community as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate you sharing my post, Hellen! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete